- What size ball does my player need for his/her age group?
- Are players required to have cleats?
- Are players required to have shin guards?
- When will my player receive his/her uniform?
Game & Schedule Questions:
- When does practice start and how often will my child practice per week?
- When does the soccer season begin and end?
- How many games can I expect our team to play?
- How will I know if a game has been cancelled?
- How often will my player get to participate in a game?
- Will cancelled games be rescheduled?
- How much will it cost for my child to play soccer?
- What age groups does RCYSL offer?
- What does the registration fee go toward?
- Can I get a refund for the season?
- What is the difference between Recreational and Select teams?
- Where can I smoke during games at Rineyville Community Park?
- How can I support my player's team?
- How can I support the RCYSL?
If you can't find an answer to your question, please contact us.
- 1. What size ball does my player need for his/her age group?
It is important that your player has an appropriate sized ball for their age and skill level.
||8 and younger
||Ages 8 – 12
- 2. Are players required to have cleats?
- No. Cleats are optional, but strongly recommended. If you don't have cleats, you can check with your coach to see if there are used cleats available in the office.
- 3. Are players required to have shin guards?
- Yes! This is the most important piece of equipment for your soccer player as it will protect against injuries. Your child will NOT be allowed to practice or participate in a game without them. Additionally, shin guards must be covered by socks during a game.
- 4. When will my player receive his/her uniform?
- Player uniforms include a jersey and matching socks. These are ordered just before practice starts so that they arrive before the first games which typically occur 2 weeks after the first practice. Your coach will have more specific information depending on the season.
Game & Schedule Answers:
- 1. When does practice start and how often will my child practice per week?
- Your coach will notify you with specific details, but it typically starts about one week after registration ends.
- 2. When does the soccer season begin and end?
- Once the schedule is finalized it will be made available online, our mobile phone app or may even be printed out by your coach. Typically games start two weeks after practice begins.
- 3. How many games can I expect our team to play?
- We will generally try to schedule as many games as the season will allow. Depending on the age group this can be anywhere from 10 to 16 regular season games. Additionally your team may participate in a tournament.
- 4. How will I know if a game has been cancelled?
- Your coach will notify you via text or the SI Play app on your phone. There will also be notices posted on rineyvillesoccer.org and our Facebook page if our fields are closed due to weather.
- 5. How often will my player get to participate in a game?
- Since Rineyville is a recreational league, our coaches make every effort to ensure that all children get equal playing time regardless of skill level.
- 6. Will cancelled games be rescheduled?
- Unfortunately not every game can be rescheduled, but we will make an effort to reschedule games where possible.
- 1. How much will it cost for my child to play soccer?
- See the current prices for each age group.
- 2. What age groups does RCYSL offer?
- Rineyville currently offers teams from U4 through U14. To see the eligible ages for each division, click here.
- 3. What does the registration fee go toward?
- The registration fee goes toward the player's uniform, awards, liability insurance, field maintenance, soccer equipment and website administration.
- 4. Can I get a refund for the season?
- Unfortunately refunds are NOT possible after practice has started.
- 1. What is the difference between Recreational and Select teams?
- Recreational leagues are a great introduction to soccer for kids that may not be familiar with the game. Rec leagues also will allow kids to play many different positions in the game to experience the challenges of being on the offense and defense. Rec leagues do not have tryouts and allow all children to play during games equally without regard for skill level. Select teams and leagues are generally for more advanced soccer players in a more competitive environment. Typically select teams have tryouts before the season starts. Select teams generally have higher costs and may travel farther than a Rec league to play their games.
- 2. Where can I smoke during games at Rineyville Community Park?
- Smoking is only allowed in the parking lots for the Community Park or the multipurpose field across from the Elementary School. Thank you for keeping our playing/practice fields smoke free.
- 3. How can I support my player's team?
- You can support your team by being prompt to games and practices, helping set/take up cones during practice or putting together a game snack schedule. Talk to your coach for more ideas!
- 4. How can I support the RCYSL?
- We are glad you asked! There are a number of ways that you can make a difference for the kids in our league. Spraying or touching up lines on our fields, helping with the concession stand or even just picking up trash on the fields. If you have more time and or experience, consider coaching or helping a coach with a team. Contact us today if you can help.