- What size ball does my player need for his/her age group?
- Are players required to have cleats?
- Are players required to have shin guards?
- When will my player receive his/her uniform?
Game & Schedule Questions:
- When does practice start and how often will my child practice per week?
- When does the soccer season begin and end?
- How many games can I expect our team to play?
- How will I know if a game has been cancelled?
- How often will my player get to participate in a game?
- Who decides when a game is cancelled due to weather?
- Will cancelled games be rescheduled?
- How much will it cost for my child to play soccer?
- What age groups does RCYSL offer?
- What does the registration fee go toward?
- When does my child get assigned to a team?
- Can I get a refund for the season?
- What kinds of fundraising does the league offer?
- Am I required to participate in fundraising?
- How does supporting the concession stand support the league?
- What is the difference between Recreational and Select teams?
- Where can I smoke during games at Rineyville Community Park?
- When does my team take pictures?
- How can I support my player's team?
- How can I support the RCYSL?
- How do I access games on Fort Knox?
- How many players are on a team?
If you can't find an answer to your question, please contact us.
- 1. What size ball does my player need for his/her age group?
It is important that your player has an appropriate sized ball for their age and skill level.
||8 and younger
||Ages 8 – 12
- 2. Are players required to have cleats?
- No. Cleats are optional, but strongly recommended. If you don't have cleats, you can check with your coach to see if there are used cleats available in the office. Cleats must NOT have metal studs on the soles.
- 3. Are players required to have shin guards?
- Yes! This is the most important piece of equipment for your soccer player as it will protect against injuries. Your child will NOT be allowed to practice or participate in a game without them. Additionally, shin guards must be covered by socks during a game.
- 4. When will my player receive his/her uniform?
- Player uniforms include a jersey and matching socks. These are ordered just before practice starts so that they arrive before the first games which typically occur 2 weeks after the first practice. Your coach will have more specific information depending on the season. Please have your player wear black shorts.
Game & Schedule Answers:
- 1. When does practice start and how often will my child practice per week?
- Your coach will notify you with specific details, but practice typically starts about one week after registration ends and no more than twice a week. U4 is the only exception with practice and games held on the same day.
- 2. When does the soccer season begin and end?
- Typically a season lasts 8-10 weeks with games starting two weeks after practice begins. Once the schedule is finalized it will be made available online, our mobile phone app or may even be printed out by your coach.
- 3. How many games can I expect our team to play?
- RCYSL will generally try to schedule as many games as the season will allow. Depending on the age group this can be anywhere from 10 to 16 regular season games. Additionally your team may participate in a tournament at the end of the season.
- 4. How will I know if a game has been cancelled?
- Your coach will notify you via text or the SI Play app on your phone. There will also be notices posted on rineyvillesoccer.org and facebook.com/rineyvillesoccer if our fields are closed due to weather.
- 5. How often will my player get to participate in a game?
- Since Rineyville is a recreational league, our coaches make every effort to ensure that all children get equal playing time regardless of skill level. We also strive to give every player an opportunity to try different offensive and defensive positions.
- 6. Who decides when a game is cancelled due to weather?
- Our first priority is to ensure the safety of your children when deciding whether or not to play games. RCYSL has a director of Risk Management that will make the call for home games. Deciding factors will be the player age group, conditions of the field, precipitation forecast as well as wind and temperature conditions. Your coach will contact you if a game is cancelled due to weather. Home game cancellations and field closures will be posted on our website and Facebook page. If a game has already started and weather deteriorates, the officating staff may decide to delay or cancel the game. RCYSL is not responsible for cancelling away games with other leagues, but we will make every effort to get you information as soon as it becomes available.
- 7. Will cancelled games be rescheduled?
- Unfortunately not every game can be rescheduled, but we will make an effort to reschedule games where possible.
- 1. How much will it cost for my child to play soccer?
- See the current prices for each age group.
- 2. What age groups does RCYSL offer?
- Rineyville currently offers teams from U4 through U14 (U stands for under). To see the eligible ages for each division, click here.
- 3. What does the registration fee go toward?
- The registration fee goes toward the player's uniform, awards, liability insurance, field maintenance (mowing and lots of paint!), soccer equipment and website administration.
- 4. When does my child get assigned to a team?
- Several days after the registration period ends. RCYSL staff conducts a meeting (sometimes referred to as "The Draw") with coaches to organize all registrations and determine the number of teams. Players returning to their old teams are assigned first. Players that did not request to return to their previous team or are new to the league are placed in a draw by age group and gender to create well balanced teams. These remaining players are randomly selected and assigned to a team. Following this meeting, you will receive confirmation from your team coach and discuss practice dates and times.
- 5. Can I get a refund for the season?
- Unfortunately refunds are NOT possible after practice has started since uniforms, awards, etc. will have been ordered for your player.
- 1. Why do you have to fundraise, doesn't registration cover your costs?
- Registration fees cover regular expenses for the season. Fundraising helps pay for high cost items that have to be replaced periodically like goals and nets. Additionally, as our league grows, we will need more playing fields and more equipment. Fundraising allows us to budget these expenses without raising normal registration fees.
- 2. Am I required to participate in fundraising activities?
- No. We give everyone the option of paying a flat fee of $20 per player to opt out of these activities. Typical fundraising activities include:
- purchasing a team T-shirt (league logo on front with player number/name on back)
- purchasing food from the concession stand or other approved food vendor
- eating at a local restaurant on designated days
- selling merchandise
- 3. How does supporting the concession stand support the league?
- The cost for officiating staff is paid from concession stand sales. We can easily spend several hundred dollars over a weekend, especially since U10 games and up require three referees for each game. You can help with these costs by :
For home games, we encourage you to purchase $1 snack tickets for your team. Each ticket is good for a drink and snack. This is often times cheaper than purchasing separate snacks and drinks for the entire team, it allows the player some choice in what they get and it helps the league. We do ask for some supervision of the team when they are ready to redeem their tickets.
- purchasing food and drinks
- donating food like Capri-Sun boxes and hot dog buns
- purchasing snack tickets
- 1. What is the difference between Recreational and Select leagues?
- Recreational leagues are a great introduction to soccer for kids that may not be familiar with the game. Rec leagues allow kids to play many different positions in the game to experience the challenges of being on the offense and defense. Rec leagues do not have tryouts and allow all children to have equal playing time without regard for skill level. Select teams and leagues are generally for more advanced soccer players in a more competitive environment. Typically select teams have tryouts before the season starts. Select teams generally have higher costs and may travel farther than a Rec league to play their games. RCYSL is a recreational league.
- 2. Where can I smoke during games at Rineyville Community Park?
- Smoking is only allowed in the parking lots for the Community Park or the multipurpose field across from the Elementary School. Thank you for keeping our playing/practice fields smoke free.
- 3. When does my team take pictures?
- After practices have started your coach will provide a date and time with a local photographer to schedule a team photo and optional individual pictures.
- 4. How can I support my player's team?
- You can support your team by being prompt to games and practices. Please also make sure that your child has a water bottle and has removed any jewelry to prevent injury or loss. Sometimes coaches can use help during practice or assistance with a snack schedule. Talk to your coach and ask how you can help!
- 5. How can I support the RCYSL?
- We are glad you asked! There are a number of ways that you can make a difference for the kids in our league. Purchasing a team T-shirt, buying food from the concession stand or other fundraising items will help support the league. Touching up lines on our fields, helping with the concession stand or even just picking up trash on the fields is helpful. If you have more time and/or experience, consider coaching or helping with the league management. Contact us today if you can help.
- 6. How do I access games on Fort Knox?
- For U10, U12 and U14 age groups, there will be games scheduled on Fort Knox. Any adult (without government or military credentials) entering Fort Knox must have a visitor pass. These can be obtained at the Visitor Center located inside the main entrance (Chaffee Gate) on Bullion Blvd. We encourage you to take care of this prior to game day. Obtaining a pass does not take long and it is valid for 6 months. Please bring multiple forms of identification. Also note that the Wilson Gate closes at 6pm during the week and does not operate on weekends.
- 7.How many players are on a team?
- The number of players per team will vary from season to season due to the number of players that sign up. Generally we want to have a team size that is equivalent to the age group. So for a U6 team, we strive for a team size of 6. A U8 team will have 8 players and so on. This ensures that each team can meet the minimum number of players to play and/or to substitute players. The maximum number of players on the field during a game is as follows:
||3 players per team (3v3) No Goalkeeper
||5 players per team (5v5)
||7 players per team (7v7)
||9 players per team (9v9)
||11 players per team (11v11)